7/24/2009

Well I'll be...

Only rain today. But she brings new life and wonderful cooling sensations on the back of my neck.

My apologies for not posting an entry for so long. I recently made the drive down to Chicago for the Second Annual Blackhawks Convention (hockey-nut over here), and spent a good five days in Chicago. I'd tell you more about it but let's just say I left the city with a love/hate feeling in my stomach. People can be so rude.

So now that I have been home for about 3 days, it's already time to get up and go. I'll say, the stress of traveling are already tugging at my brain and we haven't even left for the airport yet! I've packed my suitcase and weighed it at about 35 pounds (50 pound limit) so there should be room for all the Vancouver fashion-market/gastown goodies that I'll be compiling for the next two weeks!

I've been corresponding with the Creative Director at Elroy via email and she's been so kind as to give me info on where I can find their pieces around the city (Portobello West Fashion and Art Market being my best bet). I'm excited to see what Vancouver has to offer style and art wise, I know I'm going to feel spoiled after my first step into their modern art center.

Consumerism aside, Whistler mountain and Stanley park are going to be photo goldmines, as well as the places I'll be visiting via bike...

I can't tell you how excited I am to leave this place. It hasn't had much to offer for the short time I have been back, but maybe that's just my glass half-empty perspective that I've acquired as of late. Let's just hope I learn to be a tad bit more grateful. Yesterday's frolic through the nature conservancy with Elliott was a good lesson.

I'm happy and grateful to announce that I've made finalist for Modcloth's Terrific Transformation's Contest. I'm grateful that Modcloth took the time to read and give me this chance to share my story. The other finalist, Shar, has quite a moving story to tell, and my heart wrenched when I read her entry. My hat goes off to her and I wish her the best of luck in everything she does. To tell you the truth, if I do not win, I'm still so delighted that I got the chance to share my story and hopefully I'll have made a difference thanks to ModCloth.


I wish I had the brain capacity to finish crosswords...

No comments:

Post a Comment

with each bite it lingers...